Assign Spinpanel Roles to individual users or a group of users to grant privileges attached to the role. Role assignments can be in your organization or between organizations if you have been granted delegated admin rights.
ℹ️ This article applies to Home > Roles and administrators > Add assignment
The user performing these operations must be assigned the Spinpanel Role Administrators role.
Add assignments to grant privileges
From the Manage menu on the left-hand side, select Roles and administrators.
Select a role from the list by selecting the role name.
In the description, you can read what privileges users obtain after they have been assigned the role. For the exact permissions belonging to a role, you can review the Role permissions.
- Select Add assignment from the top middle menu.
- Select the organization. The users you select in this step can perform the operations belonging to the role. This can be your own organization or one of the organizations that you manage if any.
- Select members that can perform the operations belonging to the role. This can be individual users or a group of users.
- Select the link behind Users in the Select members section if you want to grant the role rights to individual users. The Select users screen opens from the right. You can pick one or more users from the list.
- Select the link behind Groups in the Select members section if you want to grant the role rights to a group of users. The Select groups screen opens from the right. You can pick one or more groups from the list.
- Select the scope by selecting the link behind Scopes in the Select scope section.
- Select the Organization scope to grant rights from one organization to another. I.e., between organizations you are managing or between your organization and an organization, you have delegated admin rights. Select the organization to be managed.
ℹ️ When you grant role rights to a group of users, you will not be able to see the role when you look up the assigned roles through the user menu Home > Users > [selected user] > Roles